Wednesday, October 11, 2017

In Her Arms

In Her Arms

TH
6-17-97

Bouncing through reality,
Trapped in a little room.
Aimless self-reflection;
Surely destined to doom.

Momentary gaze,
Into these majestic eyes…
Fell into a trance,
Shrunk down to size.

Locks of autumn,
Lips of spring.
Wonder who she is?
Can she make me sing?

Overcoming the impossible,
Spilling out the song.
I think she really likes me!
Have I thought wrong?

Oh my stormy days;
Turning out so bright!
Swore I saw a rainbow
Just the other night.

Could this really be it?
Gosh it’s all so new!
Bit it really feels so good!
I don’t know what to do.

Squeezing tightly,
In comforting embrace…
And that reassuring smile,
That glows upon her face.

Muting out the world,
Free of bells and alarms
Feels so damn good
Held within her arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Love, The Storm

Our Love, The Storm Tom Haupt A picnic in a breeze, Some crackers and some cheese, A cup full of spirit A spring day meant to please. ...