Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Benjamin’s Warm Fingers

Benjamin’s Warm Fingers

TH – To Benjamin our early arrival.
08-05-99

How is the day?
It was dark when I came.
They tell me there is sunshine,
To me it’s all the same.

This world seemed tough.
At first it was so cold.
Fingers and hands, voices and bands,
It wasn’t my Mommy’s hold.

My chest hurts, I’m trying!
Oh! It’s all a blur!
I’m not with Mommy,
In her I was sure.

All the warm fingers,
These sensations outside,
Now I am getting sleepy,
I’ll just enjoy the ride.

Oh! I hadn’t noticed,
‘Till just a while ago…
My chest quit hurting
The fingers seem to know.

Those warm fingers know
When I am scared-
The sounds that  I hear
Of those that have cared.

When Mommy is ready –
I can’t wait to see her,
But with these warm fingers,
But she can rest assured…

I’m OK Mommy,
They love me here,
You just get better,
And don’t you fear.

If the warm fingers
Are touching you too,
Then I will be OK,
And won’t fear for you.

I saw Daddy!
Hard to get a fix.
And I get to see Mommy,
When the round face says six!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Love, The Storm

Our Love, The Storm Tom Haupt A picnic in a breeze, Some crackers and some cheese, A cup full of spirit A spring day meant to please. ...