Thursday, October 12, 2017

When I Am Away

When I Am Away
TH
5-18-2017


When I am away
I miss you every day
I count the days outstanding 
Each day becomes demanding 

I need you always with me 
I am empty if you could see
But if you could see it 
I wouldn't feel like shit

I pass the time just thinking 
Of what you right now doing
I think of you just smiling
The room you are fully lighting 

I can't wait to hold you 
In my arms wrapped by two
Your smell in my nose lingering
My senses just loudly singing 

Soon I will be returning 
My heart won't stop yearning
Counting days till home
I need more than just the phone 

I hope you are not down
With you my love is found
Until I am back in your embrace
I will always see your face

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Love, The Storm

Our Love, The Storm Tom Haupt A picnic in a breeze, Some crackers and some cheese, A cup full of spirit A spring day meant to please. ...